- A deep dish 9 inch pie plate
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounces Libby’s canned pumpkin (1 can)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 single unbaked deep dish pie crust (recipe below) You can use a frozen premade deep dish pie crust if you like, but don’t thaw.
- pie crust (this recipe makes 2 crusts)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks, 226 grams)
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Whisk eggs well in a large bowl. Whisk in the pumpkin, both milks, salt, and spices. Mix until everything is completely combined.
- Pour mixture into an unbaked pie crust and place on a baking sheet to make transferring to the oven easier. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350F and bake for another 50-60 minutes, or until set around the edges and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. See my notes in the blog post about how to know when your pie is done. Check on the early side.
- Cool on a rack for 2 hours before attempting to slice. If you aren’t serving the pie after 2 hours, then refrigerate, loosely covered.
- Pie crust (this recipe makes 2 crusts)
- Pulse the flour and salt a few times in a food processor to combine. Add the cold chunks of butter to the bowl and pulse about 20 times until the mixture is grainy.
- Add the ice water, a little at a time, while continuing to pulse, then run the machine briefly JUST until the dough comes together in a clump. This will take under a minute. NOTE: you may not need all of the water, but you may also need a little more, so feel free to adjust.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and bring it together into a ball. If there is still any remaining dry flour make sure to knead that into the dough to get it all incorporated. If your dough is too sticky, add a touch more flour.
- Cut the ball of dough in half, form two flat disks, and wrap each one in plastic. Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours (or overnight) before rolling it out. You can freeze the extra disk of dough for later.
- The pie filling is from Libby’s. The crust is my own recipe.
- For reference here is the ORIGINAL Libby’s pumpkin pie recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here