- 2 cups deli ham , chopped small
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese , divided
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salsa, sour cream, and extra green onions or cilantro for serving
- Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the ham, green onions and 2 cups of the cheese in a medium bowl. Scoop 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, salt, and flour. Pour liquid over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350º F. Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over enchiladas. Bake for 10 more minutes or until tops are golden brown and the egg mixture is set.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and additional green onions or cilantro.
- Half-n-half is equal parts heavy cream and milk.
- The purpose of letting this dish sit overnight is so the tortillas and filling can absorb the egg mixture. Plus, it’s easy! Overnight casseroles are the best, no?
- You can substitute corn tortillas for the flour tortillas, but just make sure to buy the absolute best quality kind, use them fresh, and place in the microwave for a few seconds to make them pliable (only if necessary.) Or make them from scratch! Since they’re typically smaller than the flour tortillas, you might need more of them. Also keep in mind that corn tortillas don’t absorb liquid in the same way flour ones do, so that can change the overall results.
- Base Recipe adapted from this SITE