- 8 egg whites room temperature
- 1/2 cup water 120ml
- 2 2/3 cups sugar 550g, divided
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup 60mL
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10mL
For the Brownie:
- 2 cups granulated sugar 400g
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder 30g
- 1 cup flour 120g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 4g
- 2 teaspoon salt 12g
- 2 cup dark chocolate chips 350g
- 1 cup melted butter 225g
For the Chocolate Swirls
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate 115g
- 4 tbsp heavy cream 60mL
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar optional
For the Brownie:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prep a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Mix together.
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl. Mix again.
- Combine with egg and sugar mixture.
- Toss in chocolate chips and melted butter.
- Add batter to pan and smooth.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
For the Marshmallow:
- Beat the egg whites and 2/3 cup of sugar until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar if using.
- In a medium saucepan add the remaining sugar, 2/3 cup water and corn syrup, then place on low heat.
- Stir until the sugar melts and becomes clear.
- Maintain at medium high heat until temperature reads 235-240F.
- Drizzle the sugar into the mixer immediately.
- Add vanilla and run mixer until marshmallow is cool/tepid.
- For the Assembly:
- Melt 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate and about 2 tablespoons of cream together. Set aside.
- Once the brownie has cooled, pile the marshmallow fluff on and smooth it out using a spatula.
- Pipe the chocolate ganache all over the top and use a toothpick or skewer to create a more marbleized pattern of swirls.
This article and recipe adapted from this site