Ooey, gooey, stretchy, melty, where have you been all my life, vegan mozzarella. I’m pretty sure I just made all my vegan dreams come true. I made this recipe four times this week, FOUR. That’s how amazing this is. Use anywhere you would like a vegan mozzarella (which is everywhere)!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons tapioca starch (also called tapioca flour)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- US Customary – Metric
- Add the cashews to a small pot and with water. Bring to a boil for 10 to 15 minutes until they are softened. This will make them easier to blend.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add them along with the 1 cup of water and all the remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend until completely smooth. It will be very watery.
- Pour into a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, and continually stir as it cooks. As you stir it will start forming clumps, and then all of a sudden it will become a cheesy gooey mass of yumminess. This takes about 5 minutes. Continue to cook and stir for an additional minute to make sure it has firmed up completely. Serve hot. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.