You won’t believe it’s vegan. Creamy, dreamy, and delicious. You can indulge in this classic fave free from eggs, dairy, and refined sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or any flour you’d like
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pink himalayan rock salt (or sea salt)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/8 cup vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup espresso or coffee, room temperature
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 4 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- CREAM FILLING
- 3/4 cup organic Florida Crystals
- 1 tsp agar flakes
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 (14 ounce) block of organic firm tofu
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of espresso or regular coffee
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with coconut oil spray or non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl sift together all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, maple syrup, water, vanilla, and vinegar.