- 12 oz spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 10 oz package chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 cloves or 1 tablespoon garlic powder minced
- 2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 6 oz can french fried onion, divided
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking in a medium bowl beat the egg and then stir in cooked chopped chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, Parmesan cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, spinach, half the fried onions and garlic and onion powder.
- Drain the spaghetti and to egg and chicken mixture and then toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes
- At then end of 30 minutes remove foil and sprinkle on the remaining onions
- Return to oven for another five minutes, or until onions are crisp and golden brown
- Notes: How to thaw and drain frozen spinach: 1 Remove the frozen spinach from the package and place it in a microwave safe bowl 2 Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is soft and the spinach is no longer a block of ice. 3. Place the spinach on stack of three paper towels and then wrap it around the spinach. 4. Squeeze the water out of the spinach. Make sure you do this over the sink and really put some muscle behind it so you are squeezing all the water out of the spinach.
This article and recipe adapted from this site