- 1 ½ lb chicken thighs or breasts, skinless boneless (about 4 to 5 pieces)
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, chopped
- 1 ½ cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt, divided
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- Thickener: 3 ounces cream cheese (softened) for keto version, or for *paleo version use- 2 tsp arrowroot powder + 1 tbsp butter (mashed together with a fork)
- Sprinkle chicken with ¼ tsp of the salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the 1 tbsp oil and sear chicken for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate and set aside (will return to the pan later).
- In the same pan used for the chicken, over medium heat, fry chopped bacon until slightly browning.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, melt and add minced garlic and sliced mushrooms. Stir and saute until mushrooms are browned and softened.
- Add chicken broth, dried thyme & ¼ tsp salt to the pan and stir.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and bring liquid in the pan to bubbling. Add cream cheese and melt & stir into the sauce until sauce thickens & turn the heat back to medium. *For Paleo: add the arrowroot & butter mixture to the pan & stir and melt arrowroot butter into the sauce over medium to medium-high heat until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Place chicken back in the pan with mushroom sauce, cover and turn the heat down to low & simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked. Plate chicken and pour some of mushroom bacon gravy over the chicken.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here