- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (I use Panko)
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat eggs and water together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, thyme and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Dip each chicken breast halve in the egg mixture, shake off excess, then dip in the bread crump mixture on both sides. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spray each chicken breast with cooking spray or an olive oil mister. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Spread each chicken breast with Marinara sauce, then top with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted.
- Serve over whole wheat spaghetti.
This article and recipe adapted from this site