- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lb chicken breasts (thin, 4 pieces)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- First, paper towel dry the chicken and then prepare two bowls. One is for the egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Next, you should whisk the egg mixture slightly.
- The second bowl is for the parmesan, bread crumbs and flour.
- Now it’s time to dredge each chicken breast piece in egg/seasoning mixture. After that place in parmesan mixture and press. Turn to coat the other side of the chicken with parmesan mixture and press again.
- Repeat with remaining chicken pieces and place each coated parmesan chicken onto a plate or a cutting board.
- MELT butter and ADD olive oil on medium high heat in a skillet (stainless steel, cast iron skillet or non-stick).
- PLACE COATED CHICKEN in skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes one one side. DO NOT MOVE chicken otherwise the cheese will slide off surface before it adheres! Press down lightly with a spatula.
- TURN WITH TONGS when the first side is golden brown and cook the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not cook for more than a total of 6-8 minutes – just set the timer and flip when it beeps.
- CHECK FOR DONENESS to make sure the chicken is fully cooked and not pink. If not, lower the heat and cook for a couple more minutes.
- SERVE immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site