- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows about 5 cups
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal*
- 8 oz chocolate chips about 1 1/3 cups
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
US Customary – Metric
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter, mini marshmallows and peanut butter together over low heat while stirring gently.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Press the mixture into the pan (lightly spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray to avoid the mixture sticking to your hands).
- Add the chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) to a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Microwave for 45-second intervals on medium power (not high or standard), stirring in between each burst.
- Once almost melted, stir until smooth and stir in the vegetable oil.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the bars and let harden at room temperature (about 2 hours).
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This article and recipe adapted from this site