Ingredients (check list):
- 10.5oz / 300g Penne Pasta
- 1 1/4 cups / 300ml Heavy/Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5oz / 150g Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup / 35g Parmesan, grated (plus extra to serve)
- 3/4 cup / 75g Sundried Tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Handful of Fresh Basil, chopped (save some to sprinkle on top)
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Pop your pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook until al dente. Retain a cup of starchy pasta water.
- Meanwhile, fry your bacon over medium heat until it begins to crisp. Drain excess fat/oil if there’s too much, then add your garlic & sun dried tomatoes and fry for a minute or so longer. Add your Butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in your cream and allow to simmer on a low/medium heat. When it just starts to thicken add in your parmesan, basil and seasoning to taste.
- Once the sauce has fully thickened add your pasta and toss until coated. Simmer for a few minutes to soak up the sauce, stirring throughout and using your pasta water to thin out if it becomes too thick and gloopy.
- Serve with and extra sprinkle of parmesan and basil!
This article and recipe adapted from this site