- 30 ounces pumpkin puree1
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix2
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- whipped cream for serving
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices and pour it into the baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix over the top of the pumpkin puree mixture. I like to sprinkle mine with a little extra pumpkin pie spice after the cake mix has been added.
- Melt the butter and pour over the cake mix or cut the butter into thin slices and evenly distribute to cover the top of the cake with them.
- Finally, spread the nuts evenly over the top of the cake. Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, and a dash of pumpkin spice.
This article and recipe adapted from this site