- 6 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Remove pie crusts from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Stack one refrigerated pie crust on top of the other and roll to an 18″x13″ rectangle. Transfer pie crust to a 12″x17″ jellyroll pan. Trim to a 1″ overhang and tuck overhang under. Crimp pie edges and place in the freezer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- Remove the pie crust from the freezer. Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. The pie should be puffed and just set in the middle. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.
This article and recipe adapted from this site