BANANA CAKE INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 softened butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sour milk*
2 ripe bananas
*Sour milk – mix 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
CARAMEL ICING INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar
SIMPLE BANANA CAKE RECIPE DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and shortening until creamy.
moist banana cake recipe step 3
3. Mix in sugar and eggs.
banana cake easy step 4
4. Mix in flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
5. Mix in sour milk and vanilla extract.
Note: You make sour milk for this simple banana cake recipe by combining one cup of milk with one tablespoon vinegar. Allow the mixture to stand for 10-15 minutes before using in this recipe.
how to make banana cake step 6
6. Mix in ripe bananas.
easy banana cake recipe step 7
7. Pour cake batter into the baking pan
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes
9. Remove and let cool.
EASY CARMEL ICING RECIPE
If you want to make this moist banana cake recipe even yummier, top it with this easy caramel icing recipe! 🙂
easy caramel icing recipe step 1
1. Combine butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan.
2. Heat over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
3. Slowly mix in milk and bring to a boil again.
4. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
simple banana cake recipe step 5
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
easy caramel icing recipe step 6
6. Mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time until creamy.
simple banana cake recipe step 7
7. Pour icing over banana cake and spread evenly.
Note: Make sure the cake is cool first!
moist banana cake recipe step 8
8. Enjoy this simple banana cake recipe and easy caramel icing recipe!
This article and recipes adapted from this site