- Slow Cooker – 3 quart or larger
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.74 oz. dry chicken gravy mix (2 packets)
- 10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1.5 cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Gravy thickener if needed:
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
US Customary – Metric
- Add the chicken breasts (no need to pre-cook or brown)
- In a small bowl whisk together the gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, water and pepper.
- Pour the gravy mix over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks in the slow cooker.
- If your gravy is thin from the chicken being too juicy or added veggies, mix together the cornstarch and water. Add to the slow cooker along with the gravy and shredded chicken. Add the lid back on and cook high for 10 minutes longer or until the gravy has thickened.
This article and recipe adapted from this site