- 1 15.25- oz box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 3.9- oz box instant chocolate pudding not cook & serve
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 12- oz bag milk chocolate chips semi-sweet can also be used
- Parchment paper
- Line a slow cooker (4 quart or larger) with parchment paper. Liberally spray the parchment paper lining with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 1/4 cups milk, oil and eggs. With an electric mixer, mix on low for 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium, and continue to mix for 2 – 3 minutes or until the batter is smooth and glossy. Pour the cake batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding and 2 cups milk. With an electric mixer, beat on medium-low for 3-4 minutes or until the pudding thickens. Pour the pudding over the cake batter. Do not stir.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the pudding. Do not stir.
- Put the lid on top of the slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours or until the top of the cake is set.
- Serve in individual bowls with vanilla ice cream!
This article and recipe adapted from this site