- 2 (8-oz.) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 16 “fun size” snickers candy bars chopped (2 cups total)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee, can substitute hot water
- 1 (12-oz.) package milk chocolate morsels
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 9 fun size Snickers bars
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped Cream I used Cool Whip®
- 4 extra Snickers® bars chopped for garnish
- Place cream cheese into bowl of stand mixer. Mix on medium-low speed for 30 seconds. Add in sugar and eggs and beat until smooth.
- Remove bowl from stand and stir in chopped candy bars by hand.
- Stuff face full of chopped snickers pieces and tell no one. Ever.
- Prepare an 8-inch springform pan by spraying with bakers spray and lining with parchment.
- Pour the filling into the pan and bake until set, 35-40 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Set the pie on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before assembling cake.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. With mixer still on low, add the coffee and stir just to combine, scraping
- the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- (I prepared my cakes in two 8in round cake pans)
- Pour water to depth of 3 inches into bottom of a double boiler (or medium pan) over medium-high heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium; place chocolate and salt in top of double boiler (or medium pan) over simmering water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until melted.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and stir constantly for 1 to 2 minutes or until blended and smooth. Remove from heat; add butter and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Melt Snickers bars with 1 stick butter in a saucepan over very low heat. (about five minutes) Once melted, remove from heat and add
- confectioners sugar (starting with 3 cups and adding more only if frosting seems to runny) then the milk.
- Whisk until smooth.
This article and recipe adapted from this site