- 8 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
For Cobbler Topping
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (if you are using a dark or glass pan – 425°F if you are using a light color pan).
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare cobbler topping: in a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
- Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them.
- Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar. Set your baking dish on a baking sheet (this cobbler can drip into the oven otherwise). Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Top with ice cream if desired. Serve and enjoy!!
This article and recipe adapted from this site