Spicy Sesame Zoodles with Crispy Tofu! SUPER easy recipe with familiar ingredients – soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, garlic, zucchini, and tofu. Vegan / Vegetarian
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 Servings
• chili sesame sauce:
• 1/2 cup peanut butter
• 1/3 cup sesame oil
• 1/3 cup light low sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons chili paste (like sambal oelek)
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• zoodles and tofu
• 12 ounces extra firm tofu
• 4–6 zucchini
• sesame seeds and scallions for topping
• Chili Sesame Sauce: Shake all the sauce ingredients in a jar or toss them in the food processor and give them a whirl. If you’re going to have this cold, refrigerate your sauce for a while.
• Tofu: Press excess moisture out of the tofu. Cut into bite sized pieces. Heat a tiny bit of oil in a nonstick pan. Add the tofu and stir fry until golden brown. Add about 1/2 cup sauce and simmer until the sauce starts to evaporate / absorb into the tofu and becomes browned in the pan. Keep gently flipping and scraping browned bits off the bottom – after a while, you should end up with nicely golden brown tofu with some little yummy browned bits from the sauce.
• All Together: Spiralize your zucchini and toss with about 1/4 cup sauce per serving. Top with tofu, sesame seeds, and scallions. Serve immediately.
• . . .
• . . .
Read More this full recipes at spicy sesame zoodles with crispy tofu