- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (to add to cream)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to add to cream)
- 1 angel food cake, cut into cubes (I only used half a large bakery angel food cake)
- Strawberry layer:
- 2 pounds of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto, optional
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar; add sour cream, vanilla and almond extracts. Set aside. In a small deep metal chilled bowl, whip the cream, vanilla and sugar. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Combine strawberries, sugar and Amaretto. Layer in large glass trifle pedestal bowl, starting with strawberries, then a layer of cake, followed by a layer of the cheesecake filling. Repeat, ending with the filling.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill well before serving.
- Servings will vary depending on the size of your trifle bowl.
- This article and recipe adapted from this site