- 2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup strawberry purée
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
Dream Whip Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 no roll pecan crust
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Have the pecan crust baked, cooled, and ready to go.
- Whisk the corn starch and water together in a small glass measuring cup.
- Add the corn starch mixture together with the sugar in a medium to large saucepan.
- Mix in the strawberry purée.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on low to medium heat, constantly stirring with a spatula to avoid scorching.
- Once the mixture boils, cook it for 3 to 5 more minutes, or until it thickens and turns a deep red.
- Remove the strawberry sauce from the heat, and allow it to cool.*
- Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat the cream cheese well.
- In a separate mixer bowl, whisk together the Dream Whip with the milk and vanilla, according to package directions. Whisk it until it begins to form soft peaks, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to the Dream Whip mixture, and whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Spread the Dream Whip cream cheese filling onto the prepared pie crust.**
- Once the strawberry sauce has cooled enough, mix the sliced strawberries into the sauce.
- Spread the strawberries and sauce mixture over the Dream Whip filling.
- Cover your no bake strawberry dessert and allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- When it’s ready to serve, you can top it off with a dollop of whipped cream or serve it as is. It’s so delicious!
This article and recipe adapted from this site