- 15 oz white cake mix, 1 box
- ingredients called for on cake mix package, eggs, oil and water
- 3 oz strawberry jello powder, 1 small box
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups whipped cream, beaten until stiff, or 8 oz whipped topping
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions and pour into pan.
- Bake cake and remove from oven.
- While still warm, poke holes an inch deep all over the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- In a medium measuring cup, combine jello powder and boiling water. Stir slowly for a minute to dissolve completely and then cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Pour jello evenly over the surface of the cake, and place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Using a spatula, carefully spread whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Arrange 20-24 strawberry halves spaced evenly across the top. Serve and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site