- 1 9 ” frozen pie crust baked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 lb strawberries sliced
- 1 3 oz pkg strawberry jello
- Bake pie crust according to package directions, remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile in large saucepan add sugar and water and heat over medium heat, slowly whisk in your cornstarch to incorporate well to make sure you don’t have any lumps
- Stir continuously for about 4-5 minutes until the mixture thickens and turns a little clear. Remove from heat and whisk in your strawberry jello until completely dissolved, let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled add in your strawberries and toss to coat evenly then pour into prepared pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator to set for about 2-3 hours. Dollop with whipped cream if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site