Healthy summer strawberry spinach salad topped with avocado, feta, red onion, toasted almonds, pistachios and drizzled with a flavorful strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. The best strawberry salad recipe.
For the salad:
- 1 package (5 ounces) organic spinach
- 8 ounces strawberries, halved (about 2 cups halved strawberries)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta crumbles
- ⅓ cup raw sliced almonds
- ¼ cup chopped shelled roasted pistachios
For the balsamic strawberry vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon strawberry jam
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- In a mason jar or small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients. Shake or mix well to combine. Taste and add additional salt/pepper, if necessary.
- Toast the almonds on the stovetop: add the almonds to a pan and place over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2-5 minutes until almonds are slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add spinach to a large bowl, layer on the strawberries, avocado slices, red onion, feta, toasted almonds, and chopped pistachios. Add to bowls and serve with extra toasted almonds. Serves 4.
- This salad is best enjoyed the same day you make it to keep things nice and fresh, but will also be delicious the next day too.
- Use a different fruit: if strawberries aren’t available, try blueberries, peaches, raspberries or blackberries. They’ll all be delicious.
- Make your own DIY fruity balsamic vinaigrette: I’m in love with this dressing because you can use any fruit jam you like to really make it your own. Try raspberry, strawberry, blackberry or something else for a fun twist.
- This article and recipe adapted from this site