- 12 oz Mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Amaretto
- 10 oz Ladyfingers cookies
- 1 1/2 cup cold espresso you can use instant espresso powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder for dusting
- (Use whisk attachment) Beat cold heavy cream and 3 tbsp of sugar in the cold bowl, until stiff peaks appear. Set aside (in the refrigerator.)
- Heat up water in a double boiler over medium heat and lower heat to medium-low. Add egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar and gently whisk to mix. Cook yolks and sugar in the double boiler over medium-low heat, slowly stirring the whole time, for 7-10 minutes. (Until eggs are 160°-165° F.) Take off heat.
- Add Amaretto and, using a whisk attachment, beat egg yolks until thickened and light in color.
- Beat in mascarpone until combined.
- Carefully, fold in whipped cream until all smooth.
- Use an 8×8 baking dish to put together Tiramisu.
- Pour cold espresso into a bowl that will fit the lady finger cookies. Slowly dip each cookie in cold espresso but don’t soak them. Lay dipped cookie in the corner of the dish. Repeat with each cookie, laying dipped cookies side by side until the bowl bottom of the dish is covered.
- Cover cookie layer with half of mascarpone cream mixture, making sure it even all over.
- Layer remaining espresso dipped cookies over the cream and cover with remaining mascarpone cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder on top, cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. (Or for at least 6 hours.)
This Recipe adapted from this SITE