- 58 oz canned peaches in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar Add more or less depending on your taste
- 5 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg small pinch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour the first can of drained peaches in a 9×13 baking pan. Pour the entire contents (syrup and peaches) of the second can into the baking pan as well.
- Add the melted butter, a pinch of salt, the lemon juice, sugar and vanilla extract to the peaches and syrup in the pan.Mix well to combine. **SEE NOTES**
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon a small pinch of nutmeg and salt. Mix very well. Pour the flour over the top of the peach cobbler. Make sure you cover the majority of the top of the cobbler with flour.
- Using your clean hand or the back of a large spoon, smooth out the flour mixture covering the edges as best as you can but it’s fine if you miss some of the edges. See post for steps and pictures about this step. When you’re done smoothing the flour, the top should be smooth and not big and lumpy. *SEE NOTES*
- Starting from the top of the pan working your way down, drizzle melted butter over the top of the of the flour. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for an hour or until the top has is crisp and golden brown. Serve warm with scoop or two of ice cream. Enjoy! To make this using fresh ripe peaches see notes.
This article and recipe adapted from this site