- 1 package oreos
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 oz, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- rolo’s (one for each oreo ball)
- chocolate candiquik/almond bark
- extra finely chopped pecans or pecan halves to top oreo balls
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Put half of the oreos in the food processor/blender and pulse until you have oreo crumbs. Add the other half of the oreos to the food processor and pulse again, until all the oreos are fine crumbs.
- Transfer the oreo crumbs to a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, use a hand mixer to mix until will blended.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. Use a small cookie scoop to form uniform oreo balls. Place a Rolo inside each oreo ball, roll it into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Refrigerate the oreo balls for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, begin to melt the chocolate candiquik/almond bark in a small pot over low heat on the stove. Stir occasionally until completed melted.
- Remove the oreo balls from the fridge. To dip, place 1 oreo balls in the pot with melted chocolate. Use a spoon to spoon chocolate on top, if needed. To remove the oreo ball, use a fork to lift it out of the chocolate. To remove excess chocolate from the oreo ball on the fork, scrape the bottom of the fork on the edge of the pot to remove chocolate, then put the oreo ball back on the silicone baking mat. Continue this process until all the oreo balls are dipped. I like to let each oreo ball sit for about 1 minute before sprinkling extra chopped pecans on top – that way the pecans don’t fall off the oreo ball because the chocolate isn’t too hot.
- Allow them to harden at room temperature. Serve and enjoy.
This article and recipe adapted from this site