Stop spending crazy amounts of money on Vegenaise and other overly expensive store-bought Vegan Mayonnaise; make your own at home in mere seconds with only 4 simple ingredients; This technique is so quick and easy and produces such a rich, thick and creamy mayonnaise, you’ll adopt it as soon as you try it!ingredients
- 1 cup unrefined sunflower oil (220 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (120 ml)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- It’s really important the milk and the oil are at the same temperature, that way the mayonnaise is easier to make. I’ve made mayo using cold milk and oil at room temperature and sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn’t.
- I usually use an immersion blender, but I’ve also tried to make it using a regular blender and it works as well, although I think it’s easier to make with an immersion blender.
- If you’re using an immersion blender: combine all the ingredients in the blender cup, place the immersion blender in, so that way it sits firmly on the bottom of the cup and pulse until the mayonnaise emulsify. Once most of the vegan mayo has emulsified, you can move the blender up and down to incorporate any oil that is sitting on the top.
- If you’re using a regular blender: place all the ingredients in the blender, except the oil and blend for about 5 seconds. Then add the oil gradually while the blender is going, turned it gradually from low to high and let it go until thickens.
- Try the mayonnaise and add more salt if needed. If it’s too thick, add more milk and if is too watery add more oil. Pulse again until the mayonnaise has the perfect consistency.
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days.
- This recipe also works with other types of oil like canola or extra virgin olive oil (although olive oil has a really strong flavor).
- I’ve tried to use almond milk and it worked as well, although it was less thick.
- Lemon juice can be used instead of the apple cider vinegar.
- Some readers have added some mustard to make the mayo more tasty and less white.
- If you add a clove of garlic at the beginning, you can make a delicious vegan aioli.