- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups Colby & Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4oz can of diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan or any baking dish.
- Mix the chicken and 1 cup of cheese. Roll up tortillas and place into the prepared pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil. You don’t want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 min then under high broil for three more minutes to brown the cheese.
This article and recipe adapted from this site