- 2-3 lbs. chicken wings
- Cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. harissa paste or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced jarred ginger
- 1/2 tsp. minced jarred garlic
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay the wings out on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the canola oil and season with salt and pepper and toss. Roast the wings for 45 min. or until cooked and crisp. Turn half way through cooking time to cook evenly.
- In a large bowl add the remaining ingredients and mix together well. Taste and adjust the heat with more sugar or honey if you like.
- Once the wings are done toss them in the sauce and serve.
- Tips: Make the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate over night. Bring up to room temperature before tossing with the wings. Serve with your favorite beer to offset the heat!
This article and recipe adapted from this site